In order to join our petition and send a message to our Congressman, you must register on 911savethelake.com and log in as a member. This is to ensure the integrity of the signatures and help validate the total number as duplicates will be deleted. Your info will not be shared.
To: Robert Pittenger, North Carolina 9th District Congressman
Town of White Lake Officials
Bladen County Commissioners
We the undersigned, agree:
(1) That White Lake, NC is a tremendous asset and natural treasure for the State of North Carolina, the county of Bladen and the town of White Lake.
(2) That we believe White Lake is experiencing man-made “Eutrophication” or nutrient enrichment resulting from stormwater runoff or underground water contamination. Three possible sources are lawn fertilizer, agriculture fertilizer or a sewer treatment facility. All three sources are present and very close-by.
(3) That White Lake is truly a rare ecological creation without comparison that demands preservation.
(4) We believe that the water in White Lake should be restored to its pre-2012 condition of clarity and vitality which was its natural state and chemistry.
(5) We welcome and will champion the latest environmentally safe water restoration technologies that show promise.
We urge you to:
Call, fax, write or email Congressman Robert Pittenger and ask him to appropriate resources, support funding and approve the restoration process for the water and shoreline of White Lake, North Carolina. Implore him to help us secure the required permits to proactively attempt a clean-up operation using the latest, safest technology available. Highlighted below is a prepared response that is automatically emailed to Congressman Robert Pittenger. Copy the prepared highlighted response below then click here and paste it in the message box or click here and then click contact to send your own. Please take the time to do this as our collective voices are needed.